Towing Report 30' Airstream

Discussion in 'Towing & Trailer Tech' started by mnmhays, Jul 7, 2014.

1. poncho62

poncho62 Active Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Some rear air bags would help does seem to be squatting a little by that pic
  2. mnmhays

mnmhays Member

Considering them...that was also before the WD bars were put on.
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Wow this is a hot thread.
  4. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 3 Years 1000 Posts

People love a good tow story!
  5. mnmhays

mnmhays Member

Not exactly bragging...just wanted everyone to know how Betty did!
  6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Good report. How's the airstream for comfort?
  7. mnmhays

mnmhays Member

Insofar as? Airstreams are amazing coaches; she towed and handled well and she has a decent sized living room & galley a mid-coach bedroom w/ a double bed and wardrobe plus a full rear bath, lots of storage in this old girl. This one is going to get a restoration job done. We also have a '73 Argosy that we are doing a renovation on.
  8. nvestysly

nvestysly Member 1 Year 100 Posts

I noticed this thread earlier but didn't take time to post. So here goes...

Curious about lots of things, like:

Have you gotten your weight distribution set up? The WD bars should almost entirely address your "squat" shown in the picture. There are some good threads on RV forums that discuss how to set up the hitch head, etc. You should be able to transfer almost all of the trailer tongue weight to the front wheels of the tow vehicle.

How are things going with the Airstream? Are you making changes to the trailer? I know this isn't the RV forum but it would be fun to see a few pictures. I'll check your gallery.

You're probably on Air Forums but if not, be sure to check it out. There is a wealth of Airstream information on that forum.

Good luck, and see you down the road!
  9. mnmhays

mnmhays Member

We did get the WD set up, the photo was before.

We are going to do a restoration on the AS. Work will commence after the first of the year. I'll get some pics up once we get going.

I am on Airforums. The site is an incredible source of information.