towing

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by beastsuburban, May 3, 2006.

1. beastsuburban

beastsuburban New Member

Morning all. can't believe the trouble I am having finding anyoine who will tow a Suburban for me. I tried to rent a trailer to do it myself and they claim a suburban can't trailer a suburban. Noone acts like they want to touch it.. anyone have a clue why?

2. MN_Burbon

MN_Burbon Rockstar 100 Posts

Sounds like some people that are in need of some reality ;-) Did anybody mention any reason that you couldn't tow a suburban with a suburban? I have done it several times myself. I would ask for some specific explanation as to what exactly the problem is.... that sounds pretty rediculas.

3. beastsuburban

beastsuburban New Member

they claim that the weight issue of the suburban along with the trailer weight itself makes it too much for the Suburban that is doing the pulling, therefore they will not even rent me a trailer to do the job so now I have to pay an absurd amount to have the thing towed once I buy it because it will not run without the fuel injector pump

4. MN_Burbon

MN_Burbon Rockstar 100 Posts

I don't believe that for a second, but as an alternative can you pull it on one of those front wheel trailers? that would virtually eliminate the trailer weight.

5. Dr_Zero

Dr_Zero Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

That is what I would try also.

Also talk to the shop where you are going to get the work done they might have a deal with company.

Where is used to live there was a slogan that said Free Two to Allpro!

I have had my car towed over 100 miles to less than $100 bucks just talked to the tow driver.

Also do you have towing on your insurance or AAA?

6. beastsuburban

beastsuburban New Member

Well I tried to get a dolly (for the front wells but the distance between the wheel wells is only 5 1/2 ' and the Suburban has extra wide big tires so it won't fit. I am being charged 100.00 for 25 miles, probably the area I live in

7. beastsuburban

beastsuburban New Member

and no I do not have full coverage so I do not have towing or AAA, I will figure it out it just bothered me that the rental trailer company gave me a hard time

8. Dr_Zero

Dr_Zero Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Get 2 cheap tires and rims from a boneyard and it might fit and be less than the $100 even with the trailer rental ???

9. beastsuburban

beastsuburban New Member

now theres an idea thanks

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Can you rent a tow bar? That will decrease even more weight, and solve the tire clearance issue.