1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

towing

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by morgan320i, Nov 5, 2009.

Random Gallery Photos

1. morgan320i

morgan320i New Member

i have an 02 silverado 2500 hd with a 6.0 and towing package. a superchips tuner. i just bought a trailer toy hauler 7500 lbs dry and was towing it today dry and uphills the temp got a bit warm not to the hot but halfway between mid line and the red it was a 7 percent grade where it warmmed up like that. also the tranny temp went up to like 2 clicks past center. i am getting an upgraded oil cooler installed next week but whats safe? having the temp go up like that safe for me? the oil cooler will solve it getting 2 warm but what about the water temp. a coolant additive work? water wetter?
  2. wayned

wayned New Member 100 Posts

a engine oil cooler will help.
  3. Leo81

Leo81 New Member

Oil cooler

Yes I concur with the above opinion maybe also add a CAI and exhaust to lower EGT.