Toyo M/T

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by Smitty87, Feb 28, 2014.

1. 2011laserblue

2011laserblue Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 100 Posts

That makes sense, thanks for educating me on two topics today haha :glasses:
    They are -12 offset. Originally I wanted to see if I could squeak a 35 w/ a 20x9 under there but I thought I would be better off going with a 33 and a little bit wider stance. I don't have any interest in stuffing the wheel wells and with 35's that is exactly what I would be doing. I think the set up that I plan on going with will look a lot better.

That sucks about your duratracs for sure. I haven't had any issues with traction at all. In fact the main reason I went with these was because they were supposed to be excellent in the snow, and they are just that.

13K miles? Thats outrageous. Glad you found a set up that works for you and that you like!

2. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

33's with a bit wider stance is mucho better in my book!

3. JimmyA

JimmyA Member 1 Year 100 Posts

4. GeorgiaZ71

GeorgiaZ71 Member

Being that you are from Michigan, I definitely would think twice about any mud-terrains. (I was from Michigan, but since moved South). Most people equate mud-tires to great traction in the snow...couldn't be more wrong. Being from Michigan OP, I'm sure you know all about that.

I am not discounting anyone's experience with any tires in general...everyone has their own recommendations. I know personally at least 8 guys running Duratracs for off-roading and daily driving from Jeep's, Hummer (H2s and H3s), Toyota Tundra and an FJ Cruiser. Not one of them has a negative to say other than road noise. And a few of them have gotten 40k+ miles. So how someone got 13k is mind-boggling.

I prefer the Nitto's over Toyo's. Don't know about the Toyo MT, but I had a pair of AT's in Michigan. Took them off after less than a year after sliding all over the road thru winter time...on a previous Jeep Grand Cherokee. If you are looking for a Mud-terrain, you could always look at the Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar... those are some sweet tires. Not sure if cost is a big concern. I also really like the Cooper STT (kind of mix of AT and MT).

5. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

my bfgs have been fantastic in the snow. not the best on hard pack, but any amount of loose stuff and they are great. weating super good, I love em.

Alex

6. 2011laserblue

2011laserblue Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 100 Posts

The new FC-II's are suppose to be BA as well. I know a few guys who swear by the "dirty dicks. Can't be a bad choice, I'm just not wild about the "DC" plastered all over the sidewall.

Tough to beat a BFG in the snow, thats for sure. My dad had them on his H2. As I said, my duratracs are beasts in the snow as well.They really are a great all around tire and I'd highly recommend it.

I'll probably get at least 45k out of mine but I've taken very, very good care of them.

7. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I ran the Dick Cepek radial fun country in a 36" for a few years. They rode awesome on the highway, were not that loud compared to baja claws and did very well in snow.