Toyo Open Country or Nitto Terra Grapplers

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Tribal, May 20, 2008.

1. Tribal

Tribal New Member

Looking to put some A/T tires on my suburban for going off road and towing.Just wondering which would be a better tire in a 285/70/17.

2. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

they are both a similar looking tire but I would go with the Nitto. i have heard only good things about the nitto and mixed things about the toyos

3. sierraman

sierraman Rockstar 100 Posts

i would also go with the nitto, the all terrains look better than the toyo in my opinion

4. Robinson76

Robinson76 Member

For an A/T tire, I have heard much better things about the Nitto's and they are more popular.

I think toyo does make good products, but the Nittos are known for having good tread wear, quality, and they look mean.

Either way they are both good tires, but I too must agree with everyone else

5. black jack

black jack Rockstar 100 Posts

i just ordered the nittos from discount tire and they are by far the cheapest around and you dont pay shipping and you get a 10% discount if you order online. i bought the 295/70r17 and they cost $673,20 out the door.

6. Tribal

Tribal New Member

Thanks for the feed back, just installed the nitto's and they look good.Will post pic soon.

7. rurdy

rurdy New Member

Anybody have pix of Nitto Grapplers, 275/65r20 tires with a 2 inch Pro-comp level kit on a new model silverado z71 crew cab? I'm waiting for my wheels & tires to come in and will post after they do. I also have a superchip cortex programmer coming in. :lol: