1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

TPMS for a 2007 Suburban

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Vector, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Vector

Vector New Member

I will look again, but I think the tires just give a range, not a specific psi for the vehicle you are driving.

- - - Updated - - -

I should have been more specific, and I do have a 1500. When I had the new tires and sensors put on, I asked them to over inflate my tires because I knew I was going to be programming the sensors by letting air out of each one. As it turns out I only needed to let a small amount out before each registered, so they were all still over inflated. I only mentioned 42 as a pressure they all seemed to stop giving me a warning in the message center. I currently have all four at 38 psi, but I am not sure what should be the correct psi as the previous owner most likely ruined the other tires because they were cupped in the middle. Then again he could have been driving around with low pressure like 24 because the TPMS was not working.
  2. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

So, this is just my 2 cents worth. On the door frame is a factory sticker that provides the recommended tire pressures, I know you don't have factory wheels/tires, however, the label pressures should be used as a guide.

You keep taking about cupping, actually that problem is causes by wear in the suspension; however, if what you were referring to was the center of the tire being worn more that the outside, that is caused by over inflation. Wearing of the shoulders of the tire is caused by under inflation.

I suggest, somewhere around 35 (cold) might be a good pressure.