1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

TPMS Issue ~ Battery Problem?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by hotrodking86, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

That is good to know. I have over 150,000 miles and the truck is an 05. I guess it made it the 5 years and way over the 100000.
  2. hotrodking86

hotrodking86 Rockstar 100 Posts

I'm thinking about taking mine out and putting a piece of pvc pipe under my back seat with them in it filled with air. They are a big pain in my rear.
  3. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Ha:lol:thats funny...I never thought of that but my 03 Escalade had them removed out of the rims and never had no dash lights on.. not sure how it was turned off but never had any message in the DIC either.. I wonder if theres a trick that GM knows about that if you dont want them you can have the error messages de-activated somehow.. Im sure theres a lot that can be read and done with those computers that we dont know about. And they dont want you to know about.
  4. j cat

j cat Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I like your idea on this PITA ... when the vehicle is new have these removed and install in the air cylinder..

they should last the life of the vehicle and save hundreds of dollars in cost.
  5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

The problem is that it's a federal law to have tpms systems installed from the factory. So, probably not a way to disable it permanently.
  6. j cat

j cat Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

if you remove the sensors and put them in a common cylinder with the air pressure set to the correct amount , the PCM will not require any disable of this programed add on.