1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

TPMS question

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by aloxdaddy99, Mar 2, 2012.

Random Gallery Photos

1. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I just had my tires rotated. I now have a low pressure alarm for the left rear. So I stop at Sheets to put air in the tire. The pressure in the rear was at 43psi. So I check the front. It was the front tire that was low. How do the monitors know which corner they are on? Is there a way to correct this?
  2. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

the shop should have reset the tpms for you. I do not have the system but know that is a problem. I think there is a simple way to do it but dont remember.
  3. dedmon27

dedmon27 New Member 100 Posts

In your owners manual is the procedure for your tpms. On my wife's 06 H3 you turn the key a number of times then something else, then the horn blows then you go to the front left, release air for about 10 seconds the horn will blow again the go to the right front release air then so on and so on... But your owners manual has the right procedure for your vehicle. Be patient, it took me about two times to get it on the first try. A little tip remove all the valve caps so your not rushing around. Hope this helps.
  4. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Thanks I will try this in a bit.
  5. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

It should be in the owners manual but if all else fails I think you can disconnect the battery and they will reset!
  6. TxLTZz71

TxLTZz71 New Member

I got this issue on my used truck I just bought... I tried the method in the book and just couldn't get it to work. I did get on honk after the initial 2 honks but that was it... Any other tips?!? LOL
  7. Jper

Jper New Member

If it's similar to my 2011 WT model GMC then with the truck running in park you push the odometer button until it goes from your mileage to oil life then to "Reset tire position sensors" then you hold the button in for about ten seconds until it chirps, and then it's supposedly learned the new positions. I haven't tried it yet, but that's how the dealer salesman explained it to me when I bought the truck durring pre delivery. I Hope that works for you!
  8. IanF

IanF Member 100 Posts

I assume that you have a NNBS truck and learning the positions of the tires is very easy. Unfortunately some of the '07 models needed the computer reflashed to make the system working proper as per the manual, but, with the activation tool it worked flawlessly.

The basic procedure is in your owner's manual and the following is the procedure for my '10 Silverado (I do not have the DIC buttons).

With the ignition on but the engine off and parking brake on, hold the LOCK and UNLOC buttons on your remote keyless entry fob until the information display says "TIRE LEARNING ACTIVE" and the horn sounds twice.

Then go to the left tire wheel and let either let out or add air for 5 seconds or until the horn beeps, once the horn beeps, then proceed to the right front and do the same until the horn beeps. Then the right rear tire and do the same until the horn beeps. The the left rear until the horn beeps twice and your done.

If you have an activation tool then use it instead of letting air in or out at each tire position until the horn beeps accordingly. You only have 2 minutes from the time that the message is displayed until the final two beeps. If you do not finish in this time you will get a malfunction light on the display until you get it right.

Do not forget to air your tires back to the correct PSI after your finished and reinstall the valve caps.

Be prepared before you set the system in relearn mode. i.e. the valve caps are already off, the compressor has a full load of air, you can access all your tires without moving the vehicle. Also you should not be within 30 feet of another vehicle that may have compatible sensors.

Activating the relearn mode may be different on your vehicle so READ your manual, but, once the relearn mode is initiated the procedure is the same.