Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

TPMS reset?

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Schaub, May 27, 2011.

1. Schaub

Schaub Rockstar

So I tried to reset my tpms sensors so that I could run 55-60psi in my nittos. For some reason I couldnt get it to take. It would go through its beep on every tire thing fine, it just wouldnt reset.

So I asked my dealer today when I took it in for a locking mechanism issue. They told me they couldnt do it. Ok.... so after reading a bit, I see that it is possible but they wont do it for liability issues. I have a diablo sport tuner but I dont think it does pressure tire, just tire size.

Any recommendations boys?

2. donl

donl Rockstar 100 Posts

May I ask why you want to run 60# of air in your tires?

3. Schaub

Schaub Rockstar

cause at 35-40 they feel flat and luggy. they seem to ride much better at 55ish psi and they're max psi is 80 so its not like I'm over inflating them.

4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

60psi is alot of air, I think you will wear the centers out of the tires.

5. 08chevyz71

08chevyz71 Member

I run the same in my nittos and I'm trying to find the same solution. I have efi live and they can't change the pressure neither. I'm tired of pushing that button wen I start my truck. And as for 60 being alot of air. It's what the tires made for. I run up to 110 in tractor trailer tires cause that's what they are made for at the stock setting of 40 they are flat

6. undertheradar

undertheradar Rockstar

I got 285 Nitto's on my 2010. Tire shop put 32lbs in them. I immediately dropped to 13-14 mpg. Every time I increased the psi I saw a positive increase in fuel mileage. Like your tires, mine are rated at 80 psi. I have 75 psi in them now and it rides good, getting 16 mpg to boot.