1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

tpms

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by thatkidmave, Oct 7, 2009.

1. thatkidmave

thatkidmave New Member

About a couple of days ago i was driving on the highway my tpms light went off, thanks to my DIC i was able to see that it was the RR tire. But when i pulled over to check the tire, the tire was fine it was holding pressure. Then i went to go check my DIC again, and the sensor was not even showing up. my truck is a 08 with 17k on it. has this happened to anyone else before? Cause i think it is messed up and i dont want to have to spend $100 bucks on a new sensor. I am taking it into Chevy tomorrow and have them take a look at it and give me the verdict.
  2. ejohnson03

ejohnson03 New Member 1000 Posts

If for any reason the tire was repaired or rebalanced, it must be recalibrated, or the TPMS will not register a correct pressure.

Or if you managed to tag a good size pothole, it could have knock it senseless...
  3. MAsZ71

MAsZ71 New Member

There is a procedure for re-calibrating your TPMS sensors by using your DIC buttons and letting air out of each tire in a certain order (LF, RF, RR, LR). I had a problem with mine on the way home from the dealership. Ran through the procedure and haven't had a problem since!

Good luck!
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2009
  4. Mowerpan

Mowerpan New Member

I have also had this problem when I first purchased my truck, it would consistently not recognize one of them and would not show a pressure. Just take it to the dealer and they will use a handheld device to recalibrate the sensors. It takes them all of about 5 minutes to do the actual procedure.(I work at a Chevrolet Dealership and have seen them do it)