Tracking down an old truck.

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Silver08JT, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Silver08JT

Silver08JT New Member

In college, I had a 1994 C/K 1500 that I ended up trading in (stupidly) on my first Silverado. At the time, I needed a more reliable truck and honestly didn't think I'd miss the old one. In the past few months, I've had friends and family tell me that they've seen the ole '94 around in a nearby town. The truck needed alot of work when I got rid of it but now that I'm established in my career, I've got a little bit of money to start maybe restoring it to its previous luster if I can find it and talk the owner into selling it to me cheap.

I told that story to ask this question; If i have the VIN number, is there any database (online, DMV, etc.) that i could find the new owner's address? I know with privacy laws the way they are, it may not be possible, but i just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas or suggestions.

P.S. I've resorted to driving around the area to see if i can catch it on the road. No luck yet.

2. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i think driving around is all you got, unless you know the license plate number and you know a cop that will do you a favor

3. redneckarmyMP

redneckarmyMP Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

yea driving around may be about it.or a cop you know who can do it.they may be able to run it off the VIN.i cant remeber if NCIC can go off VINs or not

4. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

CARFAX

should tell you the new owner and where he has got his maintenance at..... go to maintenance place and ask for his add.