1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Traction Control / Performance

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Pinkey, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Pinkey

Pinkey New Member

Hey Ya'll,
    I have a 2010 Silverado, it's only a 2 wheel drive but I still take it off road; i have a jeep that i use to pull me out if i get stuck. My truck does pretty good in the mud and even when I turn the traction control off by holding the button down, I lose power when I go through the mud, even if I'm flooring it...
    Is this an engine performance issue? Or is there a way to completely disable the traction control?
    Any ideas??

-Lo-
  2. Skippy

Skippy Member

Are you actually losing power, or just losing traction, and as a result, your engine isn't having to work as hard to turn the wheels.
    Seems like a normal condition, as you're describing it... When you say "power loss" can you be more specific? For example, are you having a hard time keeping both rear wheels engaged?

-Skip
  3. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 1000 Posts

My '09 works the same when in 2x4.

Along with traction control, we also have stability control. The traction control can be turned off, the stability can not.

I haven't looked for a fuse that could be pulled.
  4. nickgiacalone

nickgiacalone New Member

On my 09 4x4 that I'm trading in tomorrow if you push and hold the TC button it will disable the Stabilitrac, you should get 2 noticed on the DIC right after one another....Upon immediately pushing the TC button it will say "Traction Control Disabled" keep holding the button for about 5 seconds and then you will get a message that says "Stabilitrac Disabled", at this point your TC and SC should BOTH be turned off. Well, at least that's how mine operates. I'll know tomorrow if the 2013s operate the same way.

Hope this helps.
    1 person likes this.
  5. RayVoy

Now that's good to know, thanks for the info.
  6. nickgiacalone

nickgiacalone New Member

No problem! Hope it works!
  7. RayVoy

It does, had to go out and give it a try :rofl: thanks.