1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

traction control problem???

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Bigchief, May 27, 2008.

1. Bigchief

Bigchief New Member

wife called this morning to tell me a "service traction control" message came on while driving to work.... I get it scheduled for thursday to have it looked at... having a lube/oil/filter/tire rotate done as well while it's in..... anyone else ever have this message? I'm going to go over at lunch and drive it to see if it's still giving that message and see what's going on with it.... 2007 Burb LTZ 4x4... 5.3
  2. Bigchief

Bigchief New Member

After driving it, seems to be fine after about 20 MPH.... Shifts hard from first to second then not noticable at highway speeds...seems to "shudder" for lack of a better term down low up to about 10 MPH... keep getting both the "service traction control" and "service stabilitrack" messages... I called the service center and told them I wasn't comfortable driving it with it acting up so he told me to bring it in and they would try to get to it earlier than my scheduled appointment. He said it should be ok to drive but we're headed to Florida in a week or so and I don't want to make any problem/s worse.
  3. Bigchief

Bigchief New Member

Service guy just called to say that cylinder #7 is low on compression and that made the other lights come on... they weren't sure exactly why just yet as the mechanic had to "tear into it" :gasp:to find out the cause... anyone else experience this or know a possible cause?.... my buddy said he had got some gas at the local walmart recently and his truck ran bad on it... I had just filled up there monday and the problem started tuesday... anyone know if bad gas would cause 1 cylinder to go low on compression???
  4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

I've alwasy been weary of the "bad gas" argument. It's very unlikely at the least I think, maybe someone can prove me wrong.

It should still be under warranty I take it?
  5. Bigchief

Bigchief New Member

Yes, still under the 3/36 ... had 21956 I believe when I dropped it off this morning... glad it happened now as opposed to a week from now when we're off to Florida in it... I just hope they get it fixed and I don't get any hassle.... Does anyone think mixing E85 (it had a little less than 1/2 tank of E85 in it) with regular gas would cause any problem?? The Murphy's station at walmart says on the pumps it has as much as 10% Ethanol in it.... Seemed to be doing just fine on the E85, didn't really notice any difference in how it ran on it and hadn't had any problems at all till this.
  6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

No, there are stations in the Mid-west that will sell you anywhere from 10-85% Ethanol mixture, your choice, so it's likely something else.
  7. Bigchief

Bigchief New Member

I'm keeping my fingers crossed... just my luck would have them say it's somehow my fault... this place has always taken good care of me so I'm trying to stay positive about it but with my back against the wall with the trip coming up.. I can't help but run a few negative scenario's through my head... They did set me up in a rental car at least on GM's coin so we're not short a vehicle while all this plays out.
  8. Bigchief

Bigchief New Member

Ended up being a bad lifter on #7. may end up getting it back today