1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Trade or not to trade.

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by cwbontheyfz, Dec 12, 2011.

1. cwbontheyfz

cwbontheyfz Rockstar

Hears the deal guys I have a 94 gmc 4x4 heavy half extended cab with a 5.7engine my budy has a 94 Chevy 3500 fleet side 4x4 crew cab with a 7.4L engine and with a 6in lift he wants to trade straight across what's your guys opinions should I do it or not he only wants to trade because he doesn't need the bigger truck.
  2. Pikey

Pikey Active Member Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

You are going to burn a lot more fuel with the big block. What size tires are on the lifted truck? Gear ratio? What kind of lift is it?
  3. cwbontheyfz

cwbontheyfz Rockstar

It has 35s that are pretty much brand new and ya the fuel will be a concern but it's not going to be a daily driver it's a truck for camping and just things like that I think the lift is a pro comp it has traction bars and all the works. The truck was owned by a older guy that spent top dollar taking care of the truck.

---------- Post added at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

It also has the 4:10 rear ends in it which works out to a 3:50 with the tire size difference.
  4. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Trade!!!!!!
  5. Pikey

Pikey Active Member Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

How many miles on each? Looks like you would be getting the better part of the trade here. Even if you decide to sell it, chances are you would get more money for his!
  6. cwbontheyfz

cwbontheyfz Rockstar

Yeah mine has 250000 but I just rebuilt the engine and transmission his has 205000 all original he recently changed the timing chain.