Traded my 06 Silverado for an 09 Sierra! Couldn't be happier!!!

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by AnimalYates, Mar 4, 2012.

1. AnimalYates

AnimalYates New Member

Hey guys whats up... so yesterday I made it final and traded my 2006 Silverado towards a 2009 GMC Sierra. I must say that its the best move I've ever made. I went from a V6 work truck model to the 5.3 V8 SLT fully loaded model. I guiltily admit that for a few weeks there I contemplated on getting a Dodge Ram 5.7 HEMI Big Horn, but I am much happier with this decision.

Right now it is entirely stock but I already have a few mods planned for it. This truck is absolutely beautiful and I fully intend to win Ride-Of-The-Month with it sometime this year after I get it the way I want it. So tell me what you guys think!! I am in love with my new Sierra!

2012-03-03 16.38.08.jpg 2012-03-03 17.20.37.jpg 2012-03-04 00.41.54.jpg

P.S. I don't have many pics yet and these were the best I could find. Rest assured that I will become a huge pic whore in the near future!
  2. Klutch Mclovin

Klutch Mclovin New Member

How much are you paying for it, because I have been seriously contemplating on doing this as well.
  3. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max New Member

Nice truck [MENTION=44497]VictoryRed[/MENTION]!!:great: It looks like my 09 that I traded on my 11!!!LOL:lol:

[​IMG]
  4. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 New Member

Now you're gonna have to change your name...nice truck
  5. AnimalYates

AnimalYates New Member

I don't like the throw around specific numbers.. but I didn't pay NEAR asking price and they offered me more for my trade in then what I even financed it for so I couldn't say no to this truck. All I can say is that if your budget allows it, GO FOR IT. This is a hell of a truck.

And I contacted Steve about changing my username, VictoryRed doesn't fit too well anymore. lol
  6. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator

Congrats on your new ride. Nice color scheme and love that NNBS!:glasses:
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  7. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 New Member

Congrats! That's quite an upgrade, cant wait to see it transformed.
  8. AMac

AMac New Member

I love it! Nice that it came with painted mirror caps and door handles although I wonder why it didn't come w/ a chrome grille. Running boards look to be OEM too which is nice (came w/ my used truck too). I'm surprised with the pin-striping, not saying I don't like it, just not sure why they started putting it on the Sierras. I saw a black Sierra that I was going after but someone had just bought it; it too had the pin-striping and I wondered if it was factory. Like I mentioned, doesn't look bad but if you end up lifting the truck it might look odd because I tend to see it on stock height vehicles. What direction do you think you will go with as far as the chrome? The wheels are nice and the painted body moldings look good too. Looks like you got the backup camera too, I had that in my 09 Sierra and once you have it you'll miss it if it's not in other vehicles LOL...Well congrats on your purchase and try to spend slowly!
  9. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member

kinda made me jealous. the 12 all terrain i was looking at had pinstriping, as did the 12 silverado. maybe thats just what GM is doing now?

Alex
  10. AnimalYates

AnimalYates New Member

Thanks for all the comments guys. In my signature you can see the direction I want to take it. I ordered a chrome Denali-style punch grille today and it should be here in a few days. Can't wait to get that put on, will change the look of the truck completely! As for the pinstriping, I love it. I had a pinstripe on my old red Silverado and that was one of my favorite things about it, so I'm glad it came factory that way I don't have to spend the money to get it striped. I also love the body color moldings, door handles, and mirror caps. I swear it was like the good lord himself wanted me to have this truck, it's perfect for me in every way! lol

I also didn't mention that some of my favorite features aren't even mentioned. I am already spoiled by the black leather HEATED seats with power lumbar support, and as Amac said, that backup camera is really nifty! After jumping out of a base model V6 bare bone work truck this feels like I'm driving on cloud 9!
  11. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member

12. BrownPats420

BrownPats420 New Member

Talk about an upgrade! congrats man, hard work pays off! Nice Job!
  13. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member

Congrats on the Sierra!! A nice upgrade I would agree.
  14. GMCErica

GMCErica New Member

NICE LOOKIN' TRUCK!! Great purchase.... We gonna call you VictoryWhite now??? LOL