1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Traded Tundra for Sierra

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by TripleB, Apr 30, 2010.

1. TripleB

TripleB New Member

Hello from Yorktown VA

Just had a nightmare of a experience on a 07 Tundra. I had it about four weeks, bought it used. Unfortunately I bought a truck that was rag'ed out but I did not really notice until I got it home. I thought in VA I would have a three day grace if I wanted to return the truck but that is a popular misconception. I did not imagine for a second that a big factory dealership would allow such a ragged out truck to make it on the used lot. But buyer beware if a half cocked bone head like me comes along, vehicles with major deficiencies will be sold!

The paint was peeling off this truck. My painter friend told me someone basically ruined the factory paint by spraying a semi clear black over most of the truck. Underneath was mostly full of more mud than I could imagine. I scrubbed it by hand under there to try and give the painted surfaces a fighting chance, then the A/C went out then a leaf spring and more a more aggravating BS. The truck did still ride nice but it was abused.

I thought I wanted a Tundra because I wanted a truck that was fast not a lead sled, my last truck was a 04 F150 FX4 it was nice looking, road great on the highway and beach, but it was underpowered and drove like a lead sled in town. I eventually hated it, traded it in for a car.

Anyway, I was pretty down that I bought such a beaten up Tundra, but then I found another one in great shape that I was going to trade up for but it was still used and expensive. On the way to get it I figured why not take a quick look at the Sierra. The Sierra looked pretty solid but not fancy, but once I test drove it I was all in!! ... it felt perfect, not too big not too small plenty of power and rides as smooth as silk! " Tundra forget about it!" With GMC and dealership discounts I got a SLE ext cab, with the 5.3L for $8400 below MSRP!!

It feels great to say I am a proud new owner of a Sierra!! ... Awesome!!

V/r
    TripleB
  2. Ares89Burb

Ares89Burb New Member

Sorry to hear you got messed with on the used Tundra, but Congrats on your new Sierra! :D Enjoy!
  3. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the site!:glasses:
  4. Dr_Zero

Dr_Zero Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I got rearended by a tundra so hard it stamped the toyota emblem in the tail gate lol and well it just folded up.
    My suburban just needed a new tail gate and they went ahead and swapped out the bumper but was just dented a little.

The poor fellow just couldnt beleive how bad his truck looked his dad even told him son I told you to get a ford or chevy.:lol:
  5. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the GMTruckClub! Congrat's on deciding on a GM!
  6. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome aboard, and welcome to the GM world...
  7. pmartin816

pmartin816 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club and congrats on the new truck.
  8. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Glad it worked out for you. You'll find that more than a few people on this site will agree with your decision. Good luck with the new truck.
  9. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome!!!!!