trading 2012 for 2014. will my gm chrome bed rail tubes and truxedo cover interchange

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by d.mehrl, Apr 4, 2014.

1. d.mehrl

d.mehrl New Member

not sure if they will interchange , please inform me it you know ! thank you !!! My 2012 is an extended cab, trading to a 2014 double cab, Not the full size four door . Thank you !!!!

2. zuki82

zuki82 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

A tape measure would be your best friend right about now!!!!

3. squatchy

squatchy Active Member 100 Posts

I'm almost certain the new bed is a touch longer and a touch wider. Not anything significant tho, I think what I heard was nothing changed more than about a half inch. But theres no way of knowing what will and wont change over. Best bet is keep your stuff, put it on the new truck, if it doesn't fit you can sell it and get some money back towards buying things for the new one.

4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Yeah, I'm thinking they redid the bed for 2014 so it's not going to get an exact fit.

5. Chevycoastie

Chevycoastie Member

I agree with Steve, The new 2014 models have a completely new bed. I would recommend selling those items so that you are not at a loss. You can try to see if you can sell them on here. I'm pretty sure that someone would be interested, espically since we all like to do mods to our trucks.

6. Chevycoastie

Chevycoastie Member

D.Mehrl, I just spoke to my friend who works at a chevy dealership and unfortunately they changed the entire truck.

7. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

What is a truxedo? New to me.

8. squatchy

A brand of tonneau cover

9. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

its a truck with a tux on it when you have to take it to a fancy party

10. squatchy

Our trucks are wearing bow-ties. Any party they attend automatically become fancy parties.