Trail grapplers

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by nickpatton_189, Aug 8, 2009.

1. nickpatton_189

nickpatton_189 Rockstar 100 Posts

has anyone heard of the so called new tires from nitto? called trail grapplers. is anyone runnin them or know of someone who is? if so how are they? off and on the road

http://www.nittotire.com/#index%2Etire%2Etrailgrappler

2. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

well nittos are a pretty good tire, but i think it is too new to get a real rating on it yet

3. tattooed4life

tattooed4life Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

They just did a review in one of the 4x4 mags on those tires. They had no complaints about them and kinda talked highly of them. Sounded like a real good tire. I'm personally running the terra grapplers and my next set will be from the nitto family, not sure which ones. Check the bookstore for the mag, they were on the cover on a military chevy truck. Sorry I can't remeber for the life of me what mag it was, but it was this months issue.

4. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

nitto makes a decent tie, it looks kind of plain tho

5. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Saw a set in action last weekend on a Jeep, climbing rocks with 12psi they looked pretty unstoppable, in sand and loose soil they got great traction too, so much so that it buried the Jeep to the axle. The compound being used is supposed to promote longer tire life on pavement which will be a great benefit, most Nitto's wear fast when used on the street do to their agressive tread patern and sticky qualities.