Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Trailblazer EXT replacement

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by RAMwoodworks, Aug 22, 2014.

?

What kind of SUV should I get to replace the Trailblazer Ext

1. Equinox

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Traverse

33.3%
  3. Terrain

33.3%
  4. Acadia

50.0%
  5. Ford

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. RAMwoodworks

RAMwoodworks New Member

The Misses loves everything about her Trailblazer except the crappy radio reception and backing up at night with the dark glass.

It has about 90K on it and I haven't had any major problems yet. Will probably replace it in the next year only because I don't want to wait until it starts to be a problem.

So what do I replace it with?
    Equinox, Traverse, Terrain, or Acadia
    Not really interested in paying the extra money for the Buick or Caddy emblem and all of needless toys they include.

We rarely use the 3rd row seating in the Ext but it is very nice to have. We do often use the extra cargo space the Ext has but I guess a hitch cargo carrier could make up for that if we went with Equinox/Terrain. We haven't looked at any of these up close.

Love to hear your thoughts...
    ChevyFan likes this.
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

So my Trailblazer got wrecked a few years ago and we replaced it with a Traverse and I would never look back. The Acadia is nice as well, little bit different interior to be sure.
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

4. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I replaced my Envoy XL with an Avalanche. Like you, I rarely used the 3rd row, it was always folded. The Av gives me seating for 5, with lots of room, the enclosed and locked box keeps most things dry and out of sight. If I need more cargo room, I can fold the rear seat and drop the mid-gate and cargo space extends to the front seats.

What I really like about it, is the old SUV interior no longer is a dirt problem, the cargo area is plastic and rubber, I can clean it with a hose.

Oh, and the bonus, with the mid-gate down, the back can be used as a camper for two.
    ChevyFan likes this.
  5. RAMwoodworks

RAMwoodworks New Member

We went last weekend to a Chevy/GMC dealer. SWMBO immediately put the nix on the Equinox as too small and said the Traverse looked cheap compared to the Acadia.

So she ended up getting a mid-level Acadia with the 2-2-3 seating. The ride and steering is so much better than the Trailblazer. My only concern is the radio/Intellilink system which I'm sure will cost a fortune to replace if/when it craps out.

My biggest disappointment was that GM went from tilt-wheel to adjustable height steering column. WTF! One of the top reasons I've been driving GMs is because of the tilt wheel and now they've gone along with everyone else. I may never trade-in my Sierra now. How can you drive a vehicle everyday that doesn't have tilt-wheel?