Trailblazer Production numbers

Discussion in 'Chevy Trailblazer Forum (GMC Envoy)' started by Chevy Girl, Dec 3, 2006.

1. Chevy Girl

Chevy Girl Rockstar GMTC Chick 100 Posts

Habe the TB gained in popularity since the suburban and gas prices have gone up?

2. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

You would think so, but Suburban drivers are kind of thick headed. It would be like trading your TB in for a Fiero. I know I'm going to get flack from 84Fiero, but the contrast being in size, not so much the vehicle itself.

The TB is a great vehicle, and we would have gotten one, if it weren't for it's lower towing capabilities. I know it's got plenty of muscle for towing, but ratings weren't high enough for us, so we opted for the Avy.

I'm curious to see if there has been a trend. Any thoughts on this Steve?

3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I think that 80% of the old blazer community moved to the new trailblazer. Sales have been slower for the super large vehicles, such as the now discontinued Ford Excursion, which was bigger than the Suburban I think. However, if you have a bunch of children, or have need for a large full-sized SUV, the Suburban is hard to beat.

4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Also, I would never think of towing anything above about 3500 lbs with the Trailblazer. I've never tried so I don't even know if I remember the towing numbers and limits.

5. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I think we saw the TB at about 5000 or 6000Lbs towing. It's enough for a boat, or small utility trailer, but not something we wanted to drag our horses around with. The Avy has a better rating of 7-8K depending on the rear ratio. Plus the availability of a full sized bed when needed was very attractive. The only down side I've seen is this: "Don't plan to go to Home Depot and pick up sheets of plywood, or sheetrock, while you have your baby in a car seat in the Avy. Car seats have no place in the front seat(IMO), and you can't lower the midgate unless the back seats are lowered, which means no place for car seat.

Otherwise no complaints!

6. terry0341

terry0341 Rockstar Platinum Contributor 100 Posts

Should have stayed in a suburban!

I just bought a 2003 TB and I love it, however now that I am in it I miss my Suburban W/ all the room and power! Live and learn, next on the list 07 Sub. LTZ!