1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Trailblazer Vacuum llines

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by musicman21061, Apr 7, 2009.

1. musicman21061

musicman21061 New Member

I'm customizing my trailblazer. One thing i'm doing is putting in aftermartket guages one of which is vacuum guage but i have no idea where any of my vacuum lines are. Can anyone help me?
  2. bry2500

bry2500 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!!!!

On the fan shroud or front frame near the hood latch should be a label with the vacuum line diagram. I have only one accessible vacuum line on my 8.1L and it is 1/8in diameter. I hope you don't have the same problem.
  3. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

welcome to the site
  4. bob13

bob13 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site! You could use a Chilton Manual or another repair book to give you that information. Maybe even online.
  5. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!
  6. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!
  7. MrShorty

MrShorty Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Moved to general tech

You might post your year/engine, in case it makes a difference in vacuum supply.
  8. KirkW

KirkW Rockstar

You can install a "T" fitting in an existing vacuum line easily enough. The harder part will be determining which lines are 'constant' vs 'ported' vacuum. Constant vacuum sources always see a vacuum. 'Ported' vacuum is only present at certain throttle settings (typically no vacuum at idle, but normal vacuum above idle throttle opening).

Typically, any vacuum line that terminates directly into the intake manifold is a constant vacuum source. Examples would be the fat hoses that lead to the power-brake booster, PCV valve, or a choke-pull-off on older carbureted trucks.

Any lines that terminate in the throttle-body can be either ported or constant. Absent the factory manuals, the only way to know for sure is to connect a temporary vacuum gauge and see if it registers full vacuum at idle - generally that indicates a constant-vacuum source.
  9. leadpan101

leadpan101 Rockstar

i am actually a friend of the guy who posted this, and we figured it out thanks for the help?