1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Trailblazer won't go voer 2500 RPM

Discussion in 'Chevy Trailblazer Forum (GMC Envoy)' started by GPW200493, Nov 9, 2007.

1. GPW200493

GPW200493 New Member

Hey all,
    My wife has a 2003 Trailblazer and she was complaining that it wouldn't pass anyone or go 70 and that the RPM's wouldn't go over 2500. I just replaced the fuel filter and air filter after hearing that and it has the same problem. With the Trailblazer in park I mashed the throttle and it slowly got to just over 2500 RPM. If you goose the throttle it bogs down then slowly the RPM's will climb. No check engine light either. Any ideas?

Thanks
    Herb
  2. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I just sold my 2003 TB. Are you the original owner of truck? (ie. do you know the past service history?)
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

On a 2003 I would look at something very likely as the next step -- a dirty throttle body.

This fix is about $5 to $12 - the cost of a spray bottle of throttle body cleaner. It probably will take about 30 minutes or so of your time.
  4. BUC NASTY

BUC NASTY New Member

could be the speed limiter. get a tune to remove the speed limiter.
  5. GPW200493

GPW200493 New Member

Thanks for the replies. I's a rev limiter. Never had that on a vehi9cle before.
  6. John W

John W Rockstar 100 Posts

That or check for a plugged catalytic converter.