Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

trailer brake controller problems

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by redsilverado1988, Jul 27, 2010.

1. redsilverado1988

redsilverado1988 New Member

so i got my brake controller hooked it up to the harness that comes with the truck and i put the 40a fuse in the B+ spot in the under hood fuse panel and when i hook the truck up to the trailer the green light doesnt come on so obviously i dont have power anyone else have problems hooking these up ? 2006 silverdao 5.3ho 4spd 4wd, tekonsha voyager brake controller

2. nbturbo

nbturbo New Member

when I went to hook up the same controller on my 03 silverado with factory harness, there was no power at the appropriate pin under the dash; power was on the right hand pin, so I switched the connector on the harness and all worked well. Must have been plugged in wrongly when the truck was being built.