Trailer Brake Controller???

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by nhbowtie, Mar 29, 2009.

1. nhbowtie

nhbowtie New Member

Hello everyone,

I have a 2004 Siverado 2500HD and I need help with my brake controller. I bought a Prodigy brake controller with the wire harness that just plugs in.

Where do I look for the brake wire harness to plug in to?

Thanks for any info.

2. black06

black06 Member

There is a black fuse box to the left of your brake pedal should be marked on the inside lid (which one to plug into). You also should have a fuse that goes into the fuse box under the hood on the drivers side for a brake controller. I got the same brake controller the thing is awesome. Good luck.

3. nhbowtie

nhbowtie New Member

Thanks for the reply. I wiil take a look at it later.

4. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!

5. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Great controller they are. I have one Prodigy in my work truck and one in my old Seirra. No complaints, Rock solid :great:

6. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Now you guys really make me want to swap my husky for the new prodigy. My wife says thanks!

7. TJ smith

TJ smith New Member

Just did that very thing on my 2004 1/2 ton. It's a job getting the lid off the box. Seems like there is 3 different style latches on it.You just need 3 arms is all. Got it plugged in and hooked up my control. The lights all lit up so I'm not going to worry to much.
    Took the unit out of my Trailblazer as it doesn't have much towing power.
    I think you plug into the second hole from the left. It does show you on the lid.
    Take Care
    TJ