Trailer brake switch

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Burden33, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

hey is it possible to add the factory trailer brake switch to a 2014 if it never came with it?

2. poncho62

poncho62 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

If by switch, you mean a brake controller?....Yes. should plug into your harness

3. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I looked at adding the factory brake controller to my truck ('09), I concluded, it was not worth it. There are provisions to add an after market controller, the wires are under the dash where the factory switch would be located.

4. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

i know i got the wires to have the aftermarket one installed i had one in my old truck and always seem to hit my knee off it at some point and im trying to keep the factory look to this one. but if all else fails ill prob go aftermarket since i need one to use my enclose trailor and my boat.

5. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I was thinking about buying the trim panel with the switch and trying to mount an after market behind it and use the factory slide just to make it look factory. But, it's been a low priority and I've haven't done much other than look up the part number.