1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Trailer brake wire

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by wwilkens, Dec 16, 2012.

1. wwilkens

wwilkens New Member

Have an '04 Yukon 1500. Had receiver hitch and assumed had the trailering package. Bought an electric brake controller and during install noticed that an old harness was tucked under the console. Since I had bought a new harness with the controller, installed it. The lights all work correctly but there is no power to the controller from the C7 fuse block. Checked the top right terminal (red wire) while pressing on the brake pedal and nothing. Was reading in a downloaded wiring diagram that the wire from Stud #2 may not be factory installed. Anyone familiar with this?

I've also got an '04 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax that does have power to this terminal in the C7 block - the red wire going to the brake controller.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Wes
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

When installing my brake controller I ran into the same issue. The following link had explanation and photos that allowed me to complete my installation: http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/Chevy/tech/Prodigy/. I'd expect yours to be similar if not identical...

Note: I had to buy the 30amp pink JCASE fuse, as mine didn't come with one. If you have to buy one know that it's longer of the two types, not the shorter. (That info may sae you a trip!)
  3. JMoney02

JMoney02 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Very Nice! The link really makes the install clean, especially with the Pics being able to be blown up...