Trailer hitch got stolen

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Jun 14, 2008.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

:grrrrrr: That just makes me mad, it's not a huge amount of money but I was going to take the lawnmower and trimmers to mow my mother-in-law's place and I go to hook up the trailer and the hitch is gone. I looked to see if I put it in it's place in the garage ... nope, it's gone.

Sigh, very annoying, I've got to get a new hitch now and will get a lock for sure.

2. ChevyFan

Unded up going to Wally-World and got a Reece combo pack for $26, I thought these used to be more expensive.

It had the 2" hitch bar with a 2" drop, the hitch ball and a locking pin with two keys. That's a pretty good deal if you ask me.

3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Not a bad price.
    Your old enough you should know better than to leave your things setting out where any worthless #%$@*( can take them.

ChevyFan likes this.
  4. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I thought you meant the whole receiver got taken not just the ball! I keep mine on there just to make anyone who rear ends me a little more unhappy.

5. ChevyFan

Well, the receiver is built into the TrailBlazer, so that would be hard. The bar and ball were removed and taken.

The new Reese (not Reece) hitch bar and ball are great. It's longer than my previous, which actually gives me a bit more clearance. I can't find it on their website, but they have quite a bit overall. http://www.reese-hitches.com/product_categories/all_cargo_carriers

6. ChevyFan

7. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Your trailer doesnt have safety chains on it already?

8. ChevyFan

Nah, it was a glorified utility trailer that I bought at a garage sale for a song about 2 years ago. I rigged something up last year, but it wasn't a long term solution.

9. RatRod

RatRod Rockstar 100 Posts

I had a locking pin on my hitch.

ChevyFan likes this.
  10. Dan

Dan Rockstar 100 Posts

always lock the hitch and the toung of the trailer

Dan

ChevyFan likes this.