Trailer towing with a lift

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by jjjg_02, Nov 12, 2009.

1. jjjg_02

jjjg_02 New Member

I'm looking at putting a 6" lift on my 05 silverado. But heres the thing i have a gooseneck in the back and plan on pulling a gooseneck or 5th wheel trailer again. Is 6" to high and will it mess up my suspension and towing capabilitys with the lift. Basically should I just put a leveling kit and 33" on it or a lift, I also thought about the rough country 4"?

2. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I believe that an actual lift will not allow you to tow a 5th wheel... But you moght be able to get away with a goose neck... I think all you can do is level in and get a little bigger tire... Those pins are sensetive when it somes to angles... And if you put a lift on it, the 5th wheel will hit the sides of the bed...

3. jjjg_02

jjjg_02 New Member

Thats what i was thinking is the lift would cause the box to hit the bottom of the trailer and make the trailer ride at a steep angle, so i'm thinking the rough country 3" leveling kit with some 33"s. Not to mention the axle wrap with the lift when under load.

4. CarpenterGuy

CarpenterGuy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I saw a 2500HD towing a horse trailer with a 4" lift. I would go something small though.

5. Snyder729

Snyder729 Rockstar

We used to have a 05 dually lifted 6" with 35's and we would tow a 30ft weekend warrior. We had the axles flipped on the trailer and got alittle bigger tires to raise it up some.

6. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

That's also an option... But I would think the trailer would become a little unstable changing its center of gravity like that... But if it works, it works... LoL

7. Snyder729

Snyder729 Rockstar

I didnt really notice a difference with them being flipped, it was taller so i had to make sure to watch clearence signs ect but other than that it did good.

8. jjjg_02

jjjg_02 New Member

I'm looking at the rough country 4" with 33"s I'm thinking it should be a little bit higher than a 2500 so i should be good with that