1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Trailer Weight for Bumper Hitch

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Lrrryo, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Lrrryo

Lrrryo New Member

All,

What is the weight of a trailer that I can haul using the bumper hitch? And I assume that 10% of the weight should be tongue weight?

I can't find this in the owners manual.

1993 Surburban 1500, 350 eng, 4WD.

Thanks
    Larry
  2. grimreapersshadow

grimreapersshadow Rockstar 100 Posts

think maxx would be around 1 ton i woulnt recomment going over 500 pounds of tongue weigh for that setup look into getting a reese hitch setup or similar products ive got a class 4 and it does well
  3. ricodog77

ricodog77 New Member

What are you towing? Unless it's a small Uhaul trailer your probably better off getting a receiver hitch. You can get a Drawtite receiver that mounts to your frame for a reasonable price on the internet. The install is fairly straightforward too and doesn't take too long.
  4. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

yea you could get a new hitch thats class 3 or up and you will be able to tow 5000+ pounds ( I think, someone correct me if im wrong)