1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Trailer Wiring Diagrams Pinouts

Discussion in 'Towing & Trailer Tech' started by Cableguy, May 9, 2007.

1. SilveradoBrett

SilveradoBrett Rockstar

Cableguy these images are amazing. I have a question on the trailer wiring diagram for the flat four pin diagram. Maybe you can clarify, I don't have the best vision but I am looking at the part where you have to have three red marker lights on the back of the trailer if it is greater than "x" inches wide. What is that value? It looks like 60" or 5 ft but I can;t tell for sure. What state is that the law in? I am building a trailer for use in colorado and I am wondering if I need those. Its not a big deal, so maybe I should put them on there anyway just to be safe. Thanks for the help!
  2. SilveradoBrett

SilveradoBrett Rockstar

I forgot to ask one more thing, I figured since it looks like you know alot about trailers you might be able to help me. The trailer I am making is 6 ft wide and 8 ft long. I am thinking about putting 4 totzl marker lights on it, with addition to the turn signal/brake lights. So If I add the three more markers on the rear that makes for a total of 7 markers and 2 main turn and brake lights. Would this total amount of lights cause a problem with the power output. Basically what I am asking is that will all of the lights be dim since there is so many of them running on a single power supply? I am planning on using the cheap lights from walmart that have conventional automotive grade lightbulbs. Would it be better to use the more expensive led kind since they will require less power. Or would I be better off running two power sources one for the drivers side of the trailer and one for the passanger side of the trailer in order to provide enough power for all of the lights. Thanks for your help!
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I got my trailer 1/2 re-wired, but I think I'm going to do it again with a better plan.
  4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Bumping this popular topic.
  5. Grizzly Guy

Grizzly Guy Rockstar 100 Posts

under dash wiring harness

CableGuy I really like the wiring schmatics,but could anyone tell me where the wires are under the dash to hook up a brake controller,,I have an 08 with HD trailering pkg,,truck is a 1500 Z71 4x4 with the 5.3 and active fuel management,,thanks
  6. Bredin

Bredin Rockstar

some pics arent working anymore...

is there anyway to get hold of them again?

I can even host them on my web server if needed
  7. Grizzly Guy

Grizzly Guy Rockstar 100 Posts

thanks for the update Cable Guy
  8. excellent post but maybe you could help me out my 2009 silverado has no r/h brake or signal power at the trailer plug only , rest of lights and truck is ok .. thanks
  9. aethompson1

aethompson1 New Member

2009 factory auxilary cable?

My owners manual says there is an auxillary cable on my 2009 3500HD with the factory installed trailer brake controller that I need to take to the dealer to have hooked up. I need this cable to charge the deep cycle battery on my dump trailer. Does anyone know where it is and what is the magical trick that only the dealer can do?
  10. 03 SIERRA

03 SIERRA Rockstar

thats why surge brakes suck. eletcric or eletcric over hydraulic all the way:great: