Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Trailer wiring harness question.

Discussion in 'Towing & Trailer Tech' started by robytar, Sep 22, 2011.

1. robytar

robytar New Member

Hello first post. I have my trailer hitch installed on my 02 silverado 1500 & was getting ready to get the trailer wiring setup for trailer lights & noticed that the wire that was tucked under the spare tire had no connectors, just six or so wires w/ the ends taped up. I went to Northern Tool and spoke to one of the "techs" and he said that since there is no plug to connect the wire harness that I would have to get the wiring from the Chevy dealer or just pay a professional to install the trailer wiring. Has anyone else ran across this?

Any help is appreciated!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  2. dpeter

dpeter Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Sorry I do not have a wireing diagram for your truck, perhaps someone with a shop manual may be able to identify those wires for you. If you are sure these are for the trailer then you can get a meter or tester and ring them out and identify thier function. You should have a ground/bat.negative, battery positive, tail light, stop/turn right, stop/turn left, brake, and reverse light and they may not all be in one cable.