1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Trailer wiring

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by RyosukeD, Oct 21, 2008.

1. RyosukeD

RyosukeD New Member

I have a '90 Silverado 3500, and I might have to tow a load tomorrow. Problem is I don't see a connector for a trailer. I got underneath and looked, but couldn't find anything. The trailer I might use has a 6 pin connector. In the past I had tap it lights, but those have been long gone.

Anyway, what would I need to wire up a 6 pin connector on my truck to mate with the trailer?
  2. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts

The easiest way I've found in the past few years is to go to the auto parts store and get a "plug in" kit. It just plugs into the wiring at the back of the truck. This way there are no splices, bare wires, etc. Good luck! Around here Wal-Mart also sells them, although I know the Wal-Marts are'nt as available in Oregon.
  3. dwill3015

dwill3015 New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Tons of Walmarts here in Oregon and Washington (not like back east but there are many)
  4. gmcem50

gmcem50 New Member

I've seen them at Auto Zone, Kragen, Pep Boys, ect... Pretty much any place that sells auto parts has them.
  5. RyosukeD

RyosukeD New Member

Awesome. I'll have to look for these kits when I have some spare time.

Turned out we got by without towing. My friend bought a motorcycle, but doesn't have his endorsement yet, so I got to ride it back for him. Pretty good deal for me. :)

Thanks guys!