1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Trailer Wiring

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by Meathead, Apr 7, 2005.

1. Meathead

Meathead New Member

Does anyone know if there is a factory plug under dash for a Trailer Brake controller?

What I mean is where do the factory installed wires in the rear (the orange & blue wires) end up? They appear to be for Trailer Power
    and Brake, but I'm not 100% certain.
    1 person likes this.
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

It's probably for a brake controller. They started putting them into vehicles ready for an aftermarket unit a while ago. What does it look like?
  3. Lanny Parsley

Lanny Parsley New Member

I have a 1999 Chevy Suburban that has been wired for a trailer by a previous owner. I have a 7 wire plug mounted on the back next to the reciever and wires color coded like the manuel shows, but I don't know where the other ends of the wire are! The previous owners must not have had electric trailer brakes because I can find no place where a control was mounted.

Where are the blue and the orange wires terminated at in the front of the vehicle?
  4. 84fiero123

84fiero123 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

If it was installed by a previous owner they could be under the dash, but if he didn’t have a trailer with brakes he may have just run them to the engine compartment and tied them off.
  5. Lanny Parsley

Lanny Parsley New Member

You are right they are under the brake master cyclinder! This is a factory installed harness and it was were the diagram shows it after I found the right diagram. I can install the electric brake module now that I have found the wires.:party:
  6. campergene

campergene New Member

Color of backup light wiring

Does anybody know what color wire is for the backup lights for my 2007 TrailBlazer? I am trying to install a backup camera.
  7. rmari

rmari New Member

thanks! this helped a lot...
  8. campergene

campergene New Member

It is a green wire found in the tail light. I've done it.