1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

train horns

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by sharpshooterusmc, May 13, 2010.

1. sharpshooterusmc

sharpshooterusmc New Member

im going to order a train horn kit, anyone have any experience with this like which brand i need and what i should look for
    found a few good deals on triggerhorns.com
  2. kburb

kburb New Member

check out a site called air horns of texas,i have looked into doing this also and really like what i see. IF you do get them please post what and where you got and a few pics.
  3. sstoner911

sstoner911 New Member 1000 Posts

I have train horns made by kleinn. I have the Model 630s with upgraded air hose kit.

http://www.kleinn.com/

Not the cheapest set up but I have had them 2 years with no problems. You want each horn to have its own solenoid so that its not sharing the air supply with another horn. You can get various size compressors depending on how long you want to blast the horns! I have a 2 gallon tank and takes about 30 seconds to drain it.
  4. gator_silverado

gator_silverado New Member

5. k/4x4/93

k/4x4/93 New Member

6. hdb0002

hdb0002 New Member

I got mine from hornblasters.com. its the $250 and its pretty damn loud.
  7. sstoner911

sstoner911 New Member 1000 Posts

Hornblasters seems to have only the Plastic ABS horns....the diaphrams are steel but if the horn is plastic they wont be as loud.

The 500.00 set up is comparable to what I have from Klienn.
    Last edited: May 17, 2010
  8. 98Z713dr

98Z713dr New Member

i got the set i have from ebay 2yrs ago. i think the company was jericho. it came with a tank just a little bigger than a 2 liter bottle and compressor was attached. compressor was replaced 3 times before i decided to get a vi-air high volume pump and a 2 gal tank with a 150psi cut off switch for the comp. these train horns are loud as hell for being compact. they are going on my vw bus rat rod project. i may order just the trumpet part from them and build a new kit like the old one. sorry i dont have a link but search for jericho train horn on ebay. they have great customer service and got a new comp quickly each time but after the third time i went with a better comperssor.
  9. TCDriver47

TCDriver47 New Member

I'm not sure what you're looking to spend, but I got my horns from www.mypushcart.com. The horns weren't really what I was looking for, but the tank and compressor worked really well. I went to www.projectresponder.com and ordered a Grover 1510 stutterhorn, which is what Fire Engines use and I absolutely love it. I found it's really hard to get an authentic train horn sound without paying a lot of money for it.
  10. ajarman

ajarman New Member 1000 Posts

I just went to triggerhorns site today and they have everything 20% off and free shipping. Might be getting air horns sooner than I thought!