1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tranny problem: hesitant to change down from od

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by Johnny_Buchanan, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Johnny_Buchanan

Johnny_Buchanan Rockstar 100 Posts

I started Red Dust (my '88 Sportside with 350) for the 1st time in appr. 10 days this morning and drove to the office.
    During the commute I noticed a hesitancy to change down from od, this happened a couple of times, instead of a downshift to 3rd the truck would jerk and stumble slightly.

I will check tranny fluids this evening, the last time I checked everything was ok, the fluids are fairly recent.

As said, the truck has been standing for few days and for the 1st time this autumn the temp dropped below zero celsius yesteday whilst prior that it has been around +7 C and quite moist. Condensation or some such, perhaps? The truck has done appr. 194 000 miles and to my knowledge the tranny is still original, and with gentle and carefull use I've been trying to keep it so for some time..

Ideas? Tranny dying? Condensation? Cosmic?

-J
  2. Johnny_Buchanan

Johnny_Buchanan Rockstar 100 Posts

Seems that it was cosmic. Drive home on Friday was just fine.

-J