Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

tranny problems?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trailblazer Forum (GMC Envoy)' started by MaxChase, Mar 9, 2005.

1. MaxChase

MaxChase New Member

My tranny hasn't given me one second of trouble. anyone had any problems?

2. SethF

SethF New Member

None here

3. smiddy

smiddy New Member

not a day of trouble with anything on either my old 2002 trailblazer or my new Envoy.

4. Aeropagus

Aeropagus Rockstar Platinum Contributor 100 Posts

never had any problems with the tranny. Not a problem shifting, finding the gear, or anything.

5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

There were some "computer" and "electrical" problems with the 2002 tranny, but that's the only problem that I've ever heard about with the tranny.

Mine is pretty solid, does a good job and hits the gears just right. No problems here.

6. jim

jim New Member

Only one problem. A leak which leaves tranny fluid on the frame rail on the drivers side where the driver would sit. I believe it is a seal, it only happens when the fluid get hot after highway trips. Anyone have some insite as to the cause. The dealer can't figure it out. They want to tear the thing apart and charge $4k. Other than that, the truck is great!

7. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Hah. Never heard of that. How much fluid are we talking about?

8. jim

jim New Member

depends on the trip. It looks like alot (pancake size x3), however when I check the level it is still in the hot range. Its just irritating to see the "spot" on the driveway. the fluid gets caught up oon the frame rail and transmission support and makes it look alot worse than it is. I've looked in the shop manual, and it says that a common problem is the speedo cable seal. Just a little rubber donut. Theres been a couple of cases noted but no one gives a response.

9. ChevyFan

Can you spot where the leak comes from?

10. Aeropagus

Aeropagus Rockstar Platinum Contributor 100 Posts

yeah, that's where I would start. Can you see where it's leaking from?