Tranny ??s - 4L60E/4L80E vs 700R4

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by omnisi, Mar 2, 2009.

1. HDFF

HDFF New Member

how?

What was the act that killed it?

- - - Updated - - -

WELL SHE S UP ON RAMPS NOW WILL KNOW FOR SHUR SHORTLY! Drum roll please. Hey everyone thanks for the H.E.L.P.
    This for shur is a forum to belong to, you all made a HDFF like me feel welcome.

2. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

When I add in the dancing avatar, I know I'm going to regret asking :rofl::rofl:

3. Kady

Kady Rockstar GMTC Chick 100 Posts

I threw it in reverse and hit the gas to take off... And boom... Didn't take much at all. I always check my fluids/change filters... That was only after having it for not even 6 months. I had my Burb with a 4L80e for 3 years and beat the hell out of it, and it ran like it just came from the show room.

4. HDFF

HDFF New Member

HDFF = high definition ford fan

:great: lol my first chevy experience been a ford fan all my life , but i couldnt pass up the this blazer. bought it for $600 and thought maybe i could get lucky on the trans problem it had. so after the fluid filter change and several hundred miles later it still has only first and second gear . but after dropping the pan again with the idea of pulling it out to have it rebuilt i got to checking things out and noticed a plug that wasent all the way pluged in on the valve body.
    plus when i dropped the trans pan the dam filter was sitting in the bottom of the pan ooops...... i had a problem withit fitting snug up in the hole and wasent
    100 % shur it seated all the way. hummmmmmmm..... i wonder if this could of been causing the trans to not shift properly? so with the lose plug and filter added in to the equation im gona give her one more chance and five more quarts of fluid and see if i can take this $600 dollar beast to the next level. if all goes as planned i might just be changeing my name to HDCF!:lol: