Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

tranny swap question

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by eastend6, Mar 19, 2009.

1. eastend6

eastend6 New Member

I just replaced the stock tranny in my 82 c10 2wd shortbed 305,I put in a short tail 350 turbo with a shift kit.Now the driveshaft is too short,haven't measured it yet,but its about 6".I was wandering if I could take the tail off my stock tranny(med. tail),and put it on the 350 turbo tranny that way everything would be the right length.Or would it be easier to just have the driveshaft lengthened,and how much does a lengthen and balance of a driveshaft cost???
    any help would be greatly appreciated,
    thanks,johnnie

2. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

The swap requires a complete tear down of the trans. Cheaper to have your drive shaft redone. Call your local Driveline shop for a quote. They will tell you how to measure the shaft.

3. eastend6

eastend6 New Member

thanks alot jim, i really appreciate it