Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Tranny temp gauge

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by farmermike, Sep 8, 2009.

1. farmermike

farmermike New Member

I would like a tranny temp gauge. There is a blank on the lower left side of cluster, would it go there ? Would I need a whole new cluster? Is the wiring in the harness? Where could I order what I need ?
    Thanks, Mike

2. farmermike

farmermike New Member

It's an 04 Z71, 5.3 with DIC. I'll try to add this info to my sig.

3. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Yes you can get a Dash Cluster that has the Transmission Gauge......the 99" to 07" GMT-800 NBS Silverado/Sierra's 1/2 Ton's were/are Pre-Wired from the Factory for the Trans Temp Gauge,

You can Buy an Escalade or Denali Dash Cluster, as they come from the Factory with the Transmission Temp Gauge in their Dash Cluster's, and the Best place/pricing is on E-Bay.

One last note is that if you do get a New Cluster it will need to be Reprogrammed for the Current Mileage on your Truck.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  4. farmermike

farmermike New Member

Is it possible to add just the gauge ? Also is there a sending unit to add to the tranny?

5. sc99z71

sc99z71 Rockstar 100 Posts

I am interested in this also, is it really that simple as buying acluster with the trans temp gauge in it?

6. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Yes, Its that Simple, as I mentioned, in my Reply above......Here is the Escalade Dash Cluster that's in my Silverado,

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  7. 99'HEARTBEAT

I have seen it done.....I can not find the Thread right now.....

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  8. sc99z71

SWEET!!! Will look at ebay when I get home, can't here at work. Looks like that is my next project!!!

9. sc99z71

Does the dealer reprogram the mileage? Do you take it to them pre-install or after its in?

10. 99'HEARTBEAT

Some Dealers will Re-Program for the Mileage, and Some Won't.....

I had mind Programmed at a Local Speed Shop....There are a few Company's on the E-Bay, that do the Re-Programming.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014