1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tranny temp gauge

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by farmermike, Sep 8, 2009.

1. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Everyone that I know that has done this Swap never mentioned a Chip or Module....They all just had the Mileage Programed into the New Cluster.
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  2. sc99z71

sc99z71 Rockstar 100 Posts

Now, after doing some more looking around on internet I have found where some say that a cluster out of a 02 Escalade will work in a 99 Silverado newer boby style, but the ABS light will stay on. Anyone know anything about this or have done the swap?
  3. sc99z71

How do you put the light out?
  4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

When I had My Dash Cluster Programmed for the Mileage, I had done by Speed-O-Tach here in Calif. and at that time, I had them pull the Light.....in the 8yrs that I have had The Escalade Cluster in not 1 problem......All of the Gauge's work Perfect, No Problems with Any of them.
    1 person likes this.
  5. sc99z71

Thanks alot for all the info!!!
  6. 99'HEARTBEAT

Glad to help....:great:
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  7. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I know this is a little late, but check out ttspowersystems.com They have a gauge mount that fits into the opening to the lower right of the radio. It fits 99 to 07 classic GMs fullsize.
  8. Tdaz250

Tdaz250 Rockstar 100 Posts

9. Tdaz250

Tdaz250 Rockstar 100 Posts

will any dealer reprogram the mileage?
  10. 99'HEARTBEAT

Some will and Some won't.....But they should be able to tell you where in your area you can have it done......Also there are several Company's on the E-Bay that do the Re-Programming for the Mileage and Repair's on the Dash Cluster's.