Tranny Temp Guage

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by CarpenterGuy, Nov 10, 2009.

1. CarpenterGuy

CarpenterGuy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I want to get a transmission temperature guage. Where can I find one? And for an affordable price. Is there any way i can get it to go in the spot on the dash where the GM installed tranny temp guage goes?

2. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

You can buy a factory guage cluster that has the temp guage in it... It's plug-n-play...

3. CarpenterGuy

CarpenterGuy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

do the trucks come from the factory with the temp sensor and wiring in place?
    also, i would have to have the miles programed in it wouldn't I? could i program it in?

4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

On the 99' and up NBS Silverado's & Seirra's they are Pre-wired from the Factory for the Trans Temp Gauge,And Yes you would have to have the Mileage Programmed into the New Dash Cluster.You would need to have it done by a Shop.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2009
  5. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I would add that you need to get a Cluster from the same model year as your Silverado,in your Sig I see you have a 2006 Silverado.There are Dash Cluster's on E-Bay from the same model year Escalade as your Silverado,Once you have the Mileage Programmed,it is a Plug & Play.I've had a Escalade Dash cluster in my Truck for 7 years,I love it, Nice looking upgrade over the Stock Dash Cluster.

Here are the Dash Cluste'sr from E-Bay,
    http://motors.shop.ebay.com/Parts-Accessories-/6028/i.html?_kw=Escalade&_kw=Cluster&_ckw=Dash&_sop=1

Last edited: Nov 11, 2009
  6. Peckens

Peckens Member

i highly recomend they guy on ebay whe repairs them, as he did mine

7. hook

hook New Member

contact Carl at: digital_dash_solutions@comcast.net
    He rebuilt and update my cluster and added the factory trans temp gauge. I priority mailed my cluster on Monday and had it back on Friday from the left coast to the right coast and back.

8. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Here's another option... A member of my Avalanche forum...

Clicky