1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tranny Temp Guage

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by CarpenterGuy, Nov 10, 2009.

1. CarpenterGuy

CarpenterGuy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I want to get a transmission temperature guage. Where can I find one? And for an affordable price. Is there any way i can get it to go in the spot on the dash where the GM installed tranny temp guage goes?
  2. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

You can buy a factory guage cluster that has the temp guage in it... It's plug-n-play...
  3. CarpenterGuy

CarpenterGuy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

do the trucks come from the factory with the temp sensor and wiring in place?
    also, i would have to have the miles programed in it wouldn't I? could i program it in?
  4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

On the 99' and up NBS Silverado's & Seirra's they are Pre-wired from the Factory for the Trans Temp Gauge,And Yes you would have to have the Mileage Programmed into the New Dash Cluster.You would need to have it done by a Shop.
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2009
  5. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I would add that you need to get a Cluster from the same model year as your Silverado,in your Sig I see you have a 2006 Silverado.There are Dash Cluster's on E-Bay from the same model year Escalade as your Silverado,Once you have the Mileage Programmed,it is a Plug & Play.I've had a Escalade Dash cluster in my Truck for 7 years,I love it, Nice looking upgrade over the Stock Dash Cluster.

Here are the Dash Cluste'sr from E-Bay,
    http://motors.shop.ebay.com/Parts-Accessories-/6028/i.html?_kw=Escalade&_kw=Cluster&_ckw=Dash&_sop=1
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2009
  6. Peckens

Peckens Member

i highly recomend they guy on ebay whe repairs them, as he did mine
  7. hook

hook New Member

contact Carl at: digital_dash_solutions@comcast.net
    He rebuilt and update my cluster and added the factory trans temp gauge. I priority mailed my cluster on Monday and had it back on Friday from the left coast to the right coast and back.
  8. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Here's another option... A member of my Avalanche forum...

Clicky