1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

tranny temp

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by 04chevzilla, Mar 18, 2010.

Random Gallery Photos

1. 04chevzilla

04chevzilla New Member

Hey guys awesome site! Im new too the forum but after reading some posts i think you can help. I just recently installed a super 44 flowmaster on my 04 2500 silverado, along with 2.5 inch tailpipes out the back with 4 inch tips. Iv noticed lately that my tranny temp gauge is hotter then its ever been but its not over heated ( red zone) . Could this be from the new exhaust? Thanks Jim!
  2. Jimmiee

Jimmiee New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Hi Jim, I don't see how an exhaust system could raise your trans temp unless the pipes are just too close to the unit itself. Most of the heat from a transmission comes from the torque converter. Did you look at the installation? Were any heat shields removed? Are the pipes closer than they were before?