1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Trans Cooler??

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by adidasboy918, Aug 26, 2009.

1. adidasboy918

adidasboy918 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Okay quick question. How do I know if I have a trans cooler on my truck. I've been reading on here about them but never really paid attention to if my truck had one. It was 3.73 gears and came with the tow package, but no braking system.
    Thanks in advance.
  2. tattooed4life

tattooed4life Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

There should be a small "radiator" in front of the main radiator. That would be your trans cooler. Also there may be two small lines (almost look like brake lines) going into the main radiator that also is a trans cooler.
  3. tm4hammer1

tm4hammer1 Rockstar

wat

and if you have ac then you will have three trans cooler usualy being the smallest
  4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

There is 1 more way to check to see if you have a Trans cooler,that is in your Glove box there is a White Sticker,that has your Vin Number and a series of Letters and Numbers.These are RPO codes they will tell you what your Truck has been build with.The RPO code to look for is Z82,that is the Heavy Duty Trailering Package.The Trans Cooler is part of this Package.