Trans electrical(?) issue

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by bigdogdaddy, May 19, 2010.

1. bigdogdaddy

bigdogdaddy New Member

I think I have a trans electrical issue. I will be ridin down the road in my 94 K5, and it goes into limp in mode. I replaced the VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor) and that seemed to help a bit. I read on Mitchell that when it happens to immediately pull off the side of the road and disconnect the battery, and did this the next time it happened. it has not jumped to limp in mode on me again, but is jumping out of gear for a split second ONLY after driving it for some period of time (ex probably an hour or more stop and go.) if I let the trans cool, it will go for who knows how long and be perfect, but every once in a while, it jumps. any help would be appreciated, it has 203k on it btw, and IS 4wd, 4l60e. THANX-JEFF.

2. bigdogdaddy

bigdogdaddy New Member

just an update, dropped the pan and changed the 1-2, 2-3 shift solenoids. Pan was perfectly clean, and no metal. YAY! put the pan back on and new fluid in and she shift like a champ. would recommend this to ANYONE with the 4l60e trans, when you do a pan service, the solenoids are cheap, only around 30 bucks a piece, WELL worth the money.