1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Trans issues??

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by GTAamn, Jun 18, 2011.

1. GTAamn

GTAamn New Member

Hello and first let me say I am a newly registered member of this site but have reffered to it many times in the past on any tech issues. The question I have is in regards to my transmission. Today I was cruising around 45 mph when me truck began having what felt like a slight hesitation and then it would pick up again. Looking down at my gauges I could see that the RPM gauge would flutter between around 1300 and then kick up to 1700 and drop down again each time that I felt the hesitation and pickup. Is this a forwarning that a trans rebuild id in my future? Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

2004 Silverado, Extended Cab, Z-71, 5.3,
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club. I would have the truck scanned for transmission codes and or have it scanned while you drive and see if its slipping or the torque converter not locking up. How many miles on transmission? When was it serviced last? Does the fluid look/smell burnt?