Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Trans lines replaced - Now CEL on..UUGGGHHH!!!

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by jstutz101, Feb 14, 2012.

1. jstutz101

jstutz101 New Member

Dropped my truck off this morning at a local repair shop with leaky transmission lines. Shop had it "fixed" by 12:00pm so I stopped by to pay for it ($158) and get my key back. Receipt shows they replaced 3 trans lines. Wife brings me to the shop tonight to pick up the truck and the CEL is now on. So, I shut off and dropped the key back into the key drop. I'll be calling them back in the morning.

Any idea what they could have done in the process of changing trans lines to cause a CEL??

Thanks!!

2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

without knowing the codes that the cel is on for it really isnt easy... and it could have just been something that was on its way out as well. Year make and model would help in the future too thanks.

3. jstutz101

jstutz101 New Member

Sorry about that, I was venting a little frustration at the time. Its a 2007 Classic LT with the 4.8L V8. I would of fixed it myself if it wasnt 30 degrees out. I ashould have more information this afternoon. Thanks for the reply!

4. shawny_d

shawny_d New Member

$158 . Mine goes in thursday for the same thing 3 line"s for $374.00 i hope i don"t have the same problem ( 2007 LT ext cab 5.3 L )

5. Dana W

Dana W Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Wild guess here. They left an 02 sensor unplugged. Some of that part of the wiring harness runs all over the trans area. They may have had to move some of it.

6. jstutz101

jstutz101 New Member

Turns out the mechanic "bumped" the MAF sensor. He had it fixed this morning before I even got a chance to call. Got the truck home tonight after dark so I havent had a a chance to inspect his work. Just glad to have it home!

7. Dana W

Dana W Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Yeah, buddy. Them thangs is sensitive alright. I messed one up by putting my freshly cleaned K&N filter back in. Seems some of the filter oil contaminated it. cleaning the sensor wire with denatured alcohol & Qtip fixed it.