1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

trans temp

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by fender_fan969, Feb 3, 2011.

1. fender_fan969

fender_fan969 New Member

has any one put on a trans temp guage
  2. stephan

stephan Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Yes... I put a Stewart Warner mechanical (non electric) temp guage on my 700R4 trans. Did you have any specific questions on the installation??
  3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

What type and year truck. Some newer turcks come pre-wired for a factory trans gauge.
  4. Brad_'06_Silverado

Brad_'06_Silverado New Member

would it be true for a '06 silverado?
  5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Yes, but its wired for a factory instrument cluster. You'll need a cluster form a Escalade.
  6. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

x2 on What Silveradotrailblazer has mentioned Re-guarding the Transmission Temp Gauge.......the 99" to 07" NBS Silverado's and Sierra's are Pre-Wired from the Factory for the Transmission Temp Gauge.

......You would need either a Escalade or Denali Dash Cluster from the Same Model Year as yours, as their Dash Cluster's have the Trans. Temp Gauge in their Dash Cluster's,

......The Only Item that Needs to be done is having the Current Mileage Programed into the New Escalade or Denali Dash Cluster....after that, it's a Plug-n-Play.......E-Bay has the Best Pricing for the Dash Cluster's.....

Below is my Truck with the Escalade Dash Cluster,

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
  7. Brad_'06_Silverado

Brad_'06_Silverado New Member

Thats awesome cuz i was actually looking at getting the Escalade cluster for it an make it blue backlit to match all the other lights inside. now all i have to do is find someone that will program it, unless its fairly easy to do myself?
  8. fender_fan969

fender_fan969 New Member

i have a 2004 with a 4l60e so i dont know if its prewired or not but if i was to do a mecanical one how would i hook iy up
  9. stephan

stephan Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Unfortunately a mechanical guage is not compatable with your prexisting wiring, so it will do you no good. A mech guage is all one unit with its own sender unit, capillary tube & guage. Since you want to change clusters anyway, you would be farther ahead to go with the electrical guage like 99'Heartbeat posted.
  10. mac0611

mac0611 New Member

brad, for an '06 any 02-06 cluster with trans gauge will work. I have a trans guage on my cluster, an 03 silv 2500HD 4X4.