Transfer Case Fluid

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by ccmnova, Sep 19, 2009.

  1. ccmnova

    ccmnova New Member

    Have a 99 Tahoe V8 with electronic transfer case. I need to know what type fliud should be used in this transfer case.
  2. silveradotrailblazer

    silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

    Look on the back of the t/case for a round plate with numbers on it. If its a 246 than you have to use GM auto-trak II. I believe all others use automatic tranny fluid.
  3. ccmnova

    ccmnova New Member

    Thanks fo rthe information :happy:
  4. 2COR517

    2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

    NP246, or if you have a Auto4wd button, you need to use GM's Autotrac2 fluid. Otherwise your best bet is synthetic manual transmission lube.

Share This Page

Newest Gallery Photos