1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

transfer case ID?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by desertjoe, May 19, 2010.

1. desertjoe

desertjoe New Member

Hello Neighbors,,, I need to borrow somebody's knowledge. I have a 1980 k10 350/ 350 that I can't seem to be able to ID the transfer case. According to my Haynes manual the 80 X-fer case used 85-90Wt and the 81's and later used Dexron 2. Also the manual tells me there is a tag that ID's the X-fer case,,,,,but I can't find no tag. I did find some #'s on the back of case as follows. AE C-99404-1 N. What is kinda throwing me is that when checking the fluid level,,,it was full and I mean full of Dexron 2. Did PO swap X-fer cases or ? Boy, you just never know about these old trucks,huh? Can fluid from tranny migrate into X-fer case? I need to ID this thing to make sure it has the right fluid. Looks like I am going to have to pull the X-fer case as there is a slight leak at both the output shafts. One more question,,,,Is the transfer case from a standard transmission same as from an auto? Many thanks Joe r
  2. desertjoe

desertjoe New Member

Hey Guys,, I really need some help here. I need some help to ID my transfer case. My haynes manual says the 80 and earlier TC use 85-90 while the 81's and later use Dexron 2. Can anybody help? Thanks
  3. Vinniety

Vinniety New Member