1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Transfer Case Leaking

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by bak22, May 2, 2010.

1. bak22

bak22 New Member

Was wondering if anyone has come across this issue. I have an '03 Z71 with 125K. No issues to date, until I noticed a few fluid spots in the garage. The T-Case is leaking from what appears to be the separation line of the two halves. Passenger side bolts just above the fill plug area is where I keep noticing the fluid build up. The input & output seal areas look good. Anyone ever have this issue & what was the solution? Thanks.
  2. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Is it the two halves of the transfer case? If so, you are going to have to remove it and split the case. Re-seal it with Permatex Black or Gray.

If it's the connection between the t-case and trans, you will still have to pull the case. You can put a new gasket in, or RTV.
    1 person likes this.
  3. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

And now you know why on my 22 year old truck i just add more fluid... :lol:
  4. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the site!:glasses:
  5. bigdaddy77084

bigdaddy77084 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I would try some Lucas stop leak first. Check the vent tube to make sure its not kinked or pluged..